Shawn Wilhite and Coleman Ford sit down with Heath Thomas, Dean, Herschel H. Hobbs College of Theology and Ministry at Oklahoma Baptist University, to discuss Lamentations, Umberto Eco, Theological Interpretation of Scripture (TIS), and upcoming writing projects.
The Scripture and Hermeneutics Seminar (the Seminar), formed in 1998, aims to work with like-minded colleagues to renew biblical interpretation so that all the resources of the academic rigor of biblical studies is directed towards hearing God’s address in and through Scripture today. The Seminar is a growing community of biblical and other Christian scholars, pastors and publishers.
- Heath Thomas - Poetry and Theology in the Book of Lamentations: The Aesthetics of an Open Text
- Joel O’Keefe and R.R. Reno - Sanctified Vision: An Introduction to Early Christian Interpretation of the Bible
- Daniel J. Treier - Introducing Theological Interpretation of Scripture: Recovering a Christian Practice
- J. Todd Billings - The Word of God for the People of God: An Entryway to the Theological Interpretation of Scripture
- Joel Green - Practicing Theological Interpretation: Engaging Biblical Texts for Faith and Formation
- R.W.L. Moberly - Old Testament Theology: Reading the Hebrew Bible as Christian Scripture
You can follow him on Twitter: @h_a_thomas